[gPXE] Will gPXE support booting from iscsi cd-rom?

KernSafe Technology kernsafe at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 06:03:44 EDT 2010

Hi Andrew Bobulsky,

>if you were to put an iSCSI HDD on LUN 0 and an iSCSI ODD on LUN 1, you'd still need to specify a second iSCSI connection

I don't think it need a second iSCSI connection if you put more than one LUNs to one target, most of popular iscsi initiators suppport multiple-lun feature, all the luns use only one connection.

I think at least two things we need to do:

1, Modify int13 interrupt in gpxe and make it support CD-ROM.

2, Make target support multiple-lun.

Windows setup will start to boot from gpxe (A iSCSI target with hold a CD-ROM and a harddisk is already descried by ibft), and then press F6 to install a third-party iSCSI drivers.

The iSCSI drivers will prepare two devices for windows (a hard drive and a CD-ROM).

>By the way, is your target OS here XP/2003 setup?

Yes, I only consider windows at this time.

KernSafe Technology
Windows iSCSI SAN provider,
www.kernsafe.com