[gPXE] Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw: Booting MS-DOS using gPXE/iSCSI: C: drive is readonly

ACS adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 27 17:35:55 EDT 2010

Jonathan Andrews wrote:

> Just a blind stab but you could try mounting the linux filesystem as
> "sync" rather than "async".

I added sync option to mount in fstab file, rebooted, and still have same
issue:
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults,sync
1 1

Shao Miller wrote:

> one can readily reproduce the behaviour (don't know about
> the "problem," though) by using a read-only target with vblade
My setup vblade isn't read-only, so that does not reproduce my problem

> Does your zero-byte 2.txt file persist after you shut down
> the gPXE client, stop 'vblade', start 'vblade', boot the gPXE client?
Even after full reboot of my linux host, this FAT entry persists

fwiw, my linux host is a virtual machine, running under HyperV

Would it help to make a tcpdump trace when running this command?
echo 1 > newfile.txt
This dump will contain all disc I/O commands, maybe giving some clue

Adrian Bacon