[gPXE] gpxe & keeping pxe stack loaded & DOS NDIS??

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Fri Mar 12 09:17:22 EST 2010

Shao Miller wrote:
> ...Debugging revealed that netdev->ops is overwritten during
> netdev_open() for the UNDI netif, though its ->name was intact...

I didn't mean "during" above, I meant "debugging during netdev_open()
revealed".

Apologies: Testing this morning reveals that the removal of shutdown()
in bzimage.c is necessary for 8086:100F (VMware Intel NIC) as well, so
my recollection of that was faulty.

'ifclose' is necessary for the UNDI gPXE driver, but not for 8086:100F.

#!gpxe
# Works as-is for 8086100f.pxe
dhcp net0
kernel memdisk
initrd UNDI-Test.vfd
# Swap comment between next two lines for undionly.kkpxe
startpxe
#ifclose net0
boot

- Shao Miller