Day 1 ( Aug 15 )

In yesterdays meeting mdc tested the driver and experienced a freeze-issue. We have a detailed debugging log generated by DEBUG=tg3_main:7,tg3_phy:7,tg3_hw:7 that I went through today. I have isolated two candidates of lines that could possibly cause this issue; have to get in touch with mdc to run some tests.

Day 2 ( Aug 16 )

Removed some WOL, Power saving, random unused variables, moved rx ring allocation to fit in more nicely with the rest of the allocations

Day 3 ( Aug 17 )

Did some interrupt related testing today. After a little bit of debugging I realized that we forgot to acknowledge interrupts in tg3_poll(). I tested interrupt support by chainloading undionly.kpxe from tg3_main.usb and it seems to work for my test cards.

QR Code
QR Code soc:2011:meteger:journal:week13 (generated for current page)