In yesterdays meeting mdc tested the driver and experienced a freeze-issue. We have a detailed debugging log generated by DEBUG=tg3_main:7,tg3_phy:7,tg3_hw:7 that I went through today. I have isolated two candidates of lines that could possibly cause this issue; have to get in touch with mdc to run some tests.
Removed some WOL, Power saving, random unused variables, moved rx ring allocation to fit in more nicely with the rest of the allocations
Did some interrupt related testing today. After a little bit of debugging I realized that we forgot to acknowledge interrupts in tg3_poll(). I tested interrupt support by chainloading undionly.kpxe from tg3_main.usb and it seems to work for my test cards.