[gPXE] Will gPXE support booting from iscsi cd-rom?

Andrew Bobulsky rulerof at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:32:51 EDT 2010

Aldrich,

I don't see any reason that booting from a CD-via-SAN shouldn't be possible, were gPXE to support it, and assuming that INT13 is the correct interrupt for a CD drive and that BIOS drive 80 or 81 is also the right drive for this.... you get the idea ;-)

Still, however, XP/2003 Windows Setup (which is a very limited capability WinPE) would need to support an iSCSI target connection, and I don't think that such support is possible at the moment in XP/2003 Windows Setup.  WinPE 2 and later (for Vista, 2008, and 7) does have iSCSI target support, but I'm not too sure that it has iSCSI boot support built in.  You'd have to look into that one.

It would be neat if that could work, though.

-Andrew Bobulsky