[gPXE] Why disk not appear in the disk management tool?

Shao Miller Shao.Miller at yrdsb.edu.on.ca
Wed May 19 23:10:17 EDT 2010

But you just wrote in your last e-mail:

> Then I type exit to exit gpxe command line,it will boot from my
> harddrive, after booted,Iopened computer managementconsole, I can't
> see a hard disk (only on local hard disk).

How does "original local drive lost" mean "it will boot from my harddrive"?

> Butwhen there is no local disk, I used
> set keep-san 1to boot from a SAN,the drive can't be seen still
> (keep-san 0 also has this problem). It is difficult to understand.
> Is the problemmight be caused by int13 drive change?

If you see "Unregistering BIOS drive 0x80", that means that gPXE did
hook INT 13h, but then unhooked it. If you 'set keep-san 1' _before_ the
'sanboot', you should not see this message. If you see the message, that
means that keep-san was not set to 1. If you correctly 'set keep-san 1'
_before_ the 'sanboot', you will see this message:

"Preserving connection to SAN disk"

- Shao Miller