[gPXE] Why disk not appear in the disk management tool?

KernSafe Technology kernsafe at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 22:32:49 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your such a detailed help decryption, but the problem I still can't resolved.

Here is a very simple way to reproduce, 100% happen.

When I boot from standard gpxe rom, undionly.kpxe, which is hold in a tftp server, and then press Ctrl+B enter command line:

type:

dhcp net0

sanboot iscsi:myip::::myiqn   (I see your website said sanboot iscsi:myip::::myiqn:iscsiboot, but I can't use :iscsiboot, gpxe response a invalid parameters)

it response:

Registered as BIOS drive 0x80
Booting from BIOS drive 0x80
Boot failed
Unregistering BIOS drive 0x80

The disk which this iqn has no MBR, so the will boot fail (just for test).

Then I type exit to exit gpxe command line, it will boot from my harddrive, after booted, I opened computer management console, I can't see a hard disk (only on local hard disk).

I've also tried set keep-san 1, it is the same thing.

So I think there may be a problem in int13, is that replace the original int13 drive? if yes, how can I prevent it replace the original int13 drive?

Best Regards,

Aldrich.