[gPXE] Porting Windows XP to New Target Hardware + ISCSI Boot

Marc Hammer marchammer at arcor.de
Sun May 9 07:41:39 EDT 2010

Hi Shao,

it was a plain XP install, so there was no Firewall issue.
The look at the SetupAPI.log gave me the answer, the last thing Windows
tried to install was the "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge (PCI\CC_0604)".
This makes absolutly sense because the NIC is a connected to the PCI-E
Subsystem, it can not work without a interuption on the driver installation.
I commented the PCI Bridge out in the machine.inf driver file and I have
no BSoD's anymore.

The only thing I ask myself now is has the PCI-to-PCI bridge a function
or can I leave it uninstalled without any loss of funktionality?

I allready installed the EWF
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Write_Filter) to test if I can
bridge the time gap while the driver installs with writing the data to
the RAM and commiting it later, with no success - BSoD (:-( .

Thanks

Marc