[gPXE] Chaining gPXE with intel PXE

Shedis shedis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:00:23 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I recently came across gPXE. and then went through one of those google talk sessions. Excellent work.

Past 1 year i have working with OS Image deployment setups  (mainly windows), the setup is based around intel PXE.

PXE > DHCP> NBP >

Here the NBP does some UDP connection work and sends some data over to server. Depending on the response either boots the machine to locally installed os (HDD) or download boot.sdi,winpe.wim (170MB). Offcourse all this over tftp.

NBP is a vendor provided code. so no chance to change it.

I would like to use tcp/ip (http) to download the winpe.wim. the reasons are obvious performance and scalability.

How can i use gPXE with this setup? Can i chain it

Regards,