[gPXE] Setting delay time to boot

Jonathan Andrews jon at jonshouse.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 06:11:24 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 11:55 +0200, Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> On 28 March 2010 11:42, Jonathan Andrews <jon at jonshouse.co.uk> wrote:
> > In that case could not waitfor simply be a macro within gpxe as all
the
> > underlying functions would be in the codebase ? :-D
>
> I think the idea is to just keep trying what you want to accomplish
> instead of doing some additional check to see whether the server is up
> at all.
Equally valid, but only if almost everything has unlimited timeouts....
If I was managing a system thats powering up or has periodic missing
gateways I would not want my nodes to bomb out to prompts but simply to
keep trying over and over until the end of time :-)

> > I prefer readable simple functions, the "chain" in the above code
does
> > not seem obvious or friendly, also I cant even see how that loop
escapes
> > - to me it reads as stuck as "goto" is not conditional?
>
> Chain is like exec(), it doesn't return if successful.
I did figure it out, but only after I hit send *doh !*

Thanks,
Jon