[gPXE] Fw: Fw: Fw: Booting MS-DOS using gPXE/iSCSI: C: drive is readonly

ACS adrian.bacon at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 25 18:10:29 EDT 2010

 "Shao Miller" wrote
> Good day Adrian,

> So is it possible that your SAN's underlying storage device/file is
> read-only?
No.
Without "verify on" command, I can alter txt file fine, changes survive
MS-DOS reboot, so there's no caching that fools me
With verify on I end up with  zero byte 2.txt file,  after typing command
echo 1 > 2.txt

at the moment, my "SAN" is a linux host running vbladed for AoE target.
At topic start, I was using iSCSI target using ietd

Is anyone able to re-create this problem?
Is it some race condition, where the sector verify-read operation is started
before sector write is finished?

Adrian