[gPXE] RTL-8185 staging/oremanj-4-wireless iwstat no output

gregwm etherboot at greatlakedata.com
Mon Dec 21 09:31:33 EST 2009

> Aha - it's probably a recent change to the Linux kernel driver, then.
> I made the gPXE driver at the beginning of the summer and haven't
> updated it much since. It also might be a distro-specific patch.
>
> Can you determine the Linux kernel versions that do and don't work?

hardy 2.6.24-25-generic works.
intrepid 2.6.27-15-generic doesn't.
centos5.4 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5 doesn't.

originally hardy had no rtl support, then it was introduced in
ppa.launchpad.net/timg-tpi/ubuntu, then was integrated into the hardy
kernel.  when i later tried intrepid and centos i was surprised their rtl
drivers don't work for my Trendnet card.