[gPXE] [Etherboot-discuss] how big an image downloaded and booted by gPXE could be?

Luca lucarx76 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 05:52:00 EST 2009

Thanks a lot.
 Something is still not clear to me though. I'm using gPXE on a diskless
workstation. I use gPXE to download a small ramdisk. Then I use this one to
do a secondary download of the remaining contents.
After the download I can do a pivot_root and switch to the new filesystem.

Yet the space I have left is 1.5G (since I'm doing first download with gPXE
and the image can't be bigger than 1.5GB).

I'm sure I'm missing something, but having everything in RAM, after I
download a small ramdisk with gPXE, where do I save the content of the
secondary download (which is going to be around 4G)?

Thanks,
 Luca