[gPXE] [Etherboot-discuss] how big an image downloaded and booted by gPXE could be?

Luca lucarx76 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 10:28:08 EST 2009

Thank you. So gPXE can address 4GB of RAM.

Then, if I gPXE boot with the following script

#!gpxe

  kernel https://192.168.1.189/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 init=linuxrc
  initrd https://192.168.1.189/ramdisk.img
  boot

the ramdisk's size could not exceed 2G (considering gPXE has to download it
and then load it in memory)?

Thank you,
  Luca