[gPXE] Chain Grub4Dos over HTTP?

Joakim Schicht jonny49 at live.no
Wed Dec 2 04:29:54 EST 2009

Another HTTP booting question: Is it possible to boot a diskless agent (Windows Server 2003) with a chained grldr over HTTP?

I was able to reach to the command line of Grub4Dos, and even read the menu.lst. But from there it only see (fd), since the computer is diskless.

Let's say we want to boot a disk image with server 2003 on, by using grldr's "map --mem" functionality. Could it be possible to download the image with gpxe  before chaining grldr, and have grldr detect the image somehow?

I suspect this is currently impossible, but who knows...

I know memdisk can be used as a "kicker" for it to work, but that was not what I had in mind.

Joakim Schicht