[gPXE-devel] Introducing: commit emails!

Piotr Jaroszyński p.jaroszynski at gmail.com
Tue May 25 07:18:19 EDT 2010

> I've enabled commit emails (sent to this list) for commits to any
> branch of gpxe.git and gpxe-staging.git. The emails use a
> significantly tweaked version of the default git commit email hook.

Cool! Having done that it shouldn't be too hard to also send the
commits to CIA and get a CIA bot on #etherboot
I could look into it if you don't mind having the commit announced on
the channel.

> I'm happy to modify this process in response to your comments, so
> please feel free to reply with any suggestions. Things we should
> probably consider:
> - Do we want a separate list for commit emails? (i.e., will YOU be
> annoyed if you get them on this list?)

I would prefer so.

> - Do we want commit emails for personal repositories? The Summer of
> Code students will be doing interesting work.

I think sending them to CIA would be nice (maybe getting a separate
bot for #etherboot-gsoc if you don't want to see too much commit spam
on #etherboot :). Not sure about the mailing list.

> - Are there formatting changes that would make the emails easier to read?

Setting From: to the commiter/author could be useful if someone
decides to respond. Or maybe just adding them to CC.

--
Best Regards
Piotr Jaroszyński