[gPXE-devel] Usermode debugging under Linux

Piotr Jaroszyński p.jaroszynski at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 11:03:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

as you may have heard my SoC project is to enable gPXE to run as a
userspace application under Linux.

The codebase [1] reached a stage with which I and more importantly
Josh are pretty happy, so I would like to ask you for all kind of
feedback on it.

A short overview of the project is at [2] and a quick howto is at [3].
A more detailed implementation details are at [4], but they are a bit
out of date and currently being worked on (the big thing is that the
current implementation is stdlib-free).

As the project is primarily intended as a developer tool the most
important type of feedback is probably what features you would like to
see added to it. The big thing on the radar currently is making it
possible to debug drivers in userspace. Llist of other bigger and
smaller ideas is at [5].

Thanks in advance for feedback :)

[1] - http://git.etherboot.org/?p=people/peper/gpxe.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/linux
[2] - http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/soc/2010/peper/notes/usermode_overview