[gPXE-devel] gPXE is not support RTL8111B?

Thomas Miletich thomas.miletich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 05:50:03 EDT 2010

Hello
from a quick comparison between the gPXE and linux driver I can't see
any differences in the handling of 8111B specific things. As the
non-variant-specific code in the r8169 driver is well tested I don't
know what could be the problem.

To give us an idea about the problem we need more information from the driver.

If you have another computer and a serial cable you can enable serial
console output by editing 'src/config/console.h'.
In this file please replace "//#define	CONSOLE_SERIAL" with
"#define	CONSOLE_SERIAL".

You can enable debugging output from the driver by building gPXE with
this command:

make bin/r8169.dsk DEBUG=r8169

(adjust 'bin/r8169.dsk' to the image type you're using)

Now capture the output from gPXE on the other computer using some
terminal program(default settings are 115200 8N1)
Please send us the capture so we can look into the problem.

--
Thomas