[gPXE-devel] Etherboot Enterprise ID request

Marty Connor mdc at etherboot.org
Sat Jul 17 00:36:46 EDT 2010

On 7/16/10 10:59 PM, Kyle Kienapfel wrote:
> Whats an enterprise ID do? This thread on the mailing list is making
> it seem like I'm missing out because I don't have one. :(

Here is a link that may help:

   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc5612.html

In the Introduction section it explains some of the uses that PENs or
"Private Enterprise Numbers" are used for.

A list of currently allocated numbers is here:

   http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers

A application form to have a number assigned to an organization is here:

   http://pen.iana.org/pen/PenApplication.page

The documentation on the page lists on a few of the purposes that this
number can be used for.

I hope this helps,

/ Marty /