[gPXE-devel] Automatic size reports?

Glenn Brown glenn at myri.com
Wed Jul 14 14:00:01 EDT 2010

Stefan, The script could be repurposed to create a bloat-o-meter, but
that wouldn't reveal the cost of the individual patches, which I'm
interested in.

Thomas, I had hoped that the script could do incremental rebuilds fast
without ccache using "make ; git checkout <commit_id> ; make ; ..." but
it seems something is conservatively forcing full rebuilds when I do
"git checkout".  So, ccache could help.  However, the script does cache
full build results already, so it already does better than ccache in
some cases by entirely avoiding rebuilds.

Piotr, with appropriate effort, leveraging the script result caching,
the 3300 commits need not be an issue, except for the first generated
plot, which would take >10hrs.

By the way, is there a reason gpxe doesn't use much faster conservative
dependency generation?  For example:
> > time find . -name '*.[chS]' | make_depend > bar
>
> real    0m0.044s
> user    0m0.020s
> sys     0m0.020s

--Glenn